|Early morning at Socorro Port|
Upon arriving in Dapa, we arranged four habal-habals to take us to Cloud 9, General Luna the famous surfing location in Siargao. The drivers, who were very friendly and accommodating, took us to Ocean 101 Resort but the room rates were too deep for our pockets so the search goes on for other cheaper resorts. We settled at Point 303 Resort where we were able to find a room good for 5 people at P1,250, we rented two.
|Point 303 Resort|
|Entrance to Point 303 Resort|
|Point 303 Restaurant|
|Green ambiance of the resort|
|Small kiddie pool|
The trip to Magpopongko Beach was long and agonizing. Imagine sitting in a bumpy habal-habal ride for more than an hour. We took a longer way, through Dapa and passing the Siargao airport, since the road is much smoother and paved. We reached the beach at around 10:15am. We relaxed our legs for a bit and then head on to explore the place. Before we went far to the lagoon, we had our lunch prepared.
|Our habal-habal convoy|
|Distant view of the lagoon at Magpopongko Beach|
|The calm lagoon and the wild waves not far away|
|Clear waters of the lagoon|
|Pigging out under the coconut tree after lunch|
|White sand beach of Magpopongko|
At around 4:00pm, the tide is getting higher so we decided to call it a day. Going back to Cloud 9, we took the shorter but bumpier road. Construction of the road is still ongoing and one part of it is too muddy that we needed to take off the habal-habal and walk.
|Muddy road going back to Cloud 9|
It was already dark when we arrived at Point 303 Resort. We asked the staff of the resort to have the food we bought cooked for a fee. We washed up and had a refreshing shower while our dinner is being prepared. After our stomachs are filled, we chilled at the restaurant with some rounds of billiard games and a bottle of beer.
How did our third day in Siargao take a toll to our wallets:
- Socorro to Dapa - P100/Person
- Point 303 Resort, Non-AC room, P1,250 good for five - P250/person
- Breakfast at General Luna (1 rice, chicken, afritada, softdrink) - P70
- Cobra (for added energy through the day) - P25
- 4 Habal-habals (Dapa-Cloud9-Magpupungko-Cloud9) P1,000/habal-habal - P400/person
- Magpupungko Beach entrance fee - P50/Person
- Lunch at the beach (lechon manok and sinugbang baboy) - P132/person
- Dinner (bought pork, crab, and taklobo at Dapa market, rice P35, mango shake P60) - P151/person
- Cooking charge for the food we bought - P400 - P40/person
- San Miguel Beer - P35
Total damage dealt to our wallets: P1,253.